Second-hand designer watches are more than timepieces: fashion statements, status symbols, and personal statements.
A designer watch can elevate any outfit and add a touch of class and sophistication to the wearer.
While buying a brand-new designer watch can be costly, secondhand designer watches offer an opportunity to own a luxury timepiece at a fraction of the original price.
This review will explore used designer watches, focusing on some of the most iconic vintage timepieces available today.
Benefits of Owning Second-hand Watches:
Owning a second-hand watch has numerous benefits, from its classiness and coolness to its practical advantages.
Secondhand designer watches are often considered more exclusive than new ones because they have a unique history and story. These timepieces have already been worn and loved by someone else, making them more unique and rarer.
Secondly, buying a secondhand luxury watch can be an intelligent financial decision, as they often retain their value or even appreciate it over time.
This means you can enjoy the prestige of wearing a high-end watch without a significant price tag.
Additionally, owning a secondhand designer watch can give you access to styles and designs that are no longer in production or difficult to find, making your timepiece even more unique and special.
Finally, the coolness factor of owning a secondhand designer watch must be considered when buying one.
These watches are often associated with the style and sophistication of past eras, making them timeless and fashionable.
1- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust Diamond Bezel:
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust is a timeless classic that exudes sophistication and luxury. This particular model features a diamond bezel and a stunning silver dial. Here are some of the most notable features of this watch:
- It is made from high-quality stainless steel, a 36mm case diameter, and a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal that protects the dial. The bezel is set with 3 carats of brilliant-cut diamonds, adding a luxury touch to the watch.
- The timepiece is powered by a perpetual, self-winding mechanical movement known for its precision and reliability. The movement features a date function displayed at the 3 o’clock position on the dial.
- The watch’s black dial features silver-tone hands and hour markers, which are luminescent for improved visibility in low-light conditions. The date window is also magnified for easy reading.
- Water-resistant up to 100 meters (330 feet) makes it suitable for swimming, snorkeling, and light recreational diving.
- The watch features a classic stainless steel Oyster bracelet with a folding Oysterclasp, which provides a secure and comfortable fit. The bracelet also has an Easylink extension system, which allows the wearer to adjust the length of the bracelet by up to 5mm for a perfect fit.
Owning a Rolex watch is a symbol of status and success. This pre-owned model offers all the luxury and prestige of a brand-new Rolex but at a more affordable price.
2- Custom Cartier Santos 100 Men’s Diamond 6.92ct:
The Cartier Santos 100 is a popular choice among watch enthusiasts. This custom model takes the classic design to the next level with its diamond-studded dial and bezel. Here are some of the features that make this watch a true standout:
- It is set with 692 round-cut diamonds, totaling approximately 9.17 carats.
- The case is made of solid 18k white gold.
- The bezel is also made of 18k white gold and set with diamonds.
- The dial features Roman numeral hour markers and sword-shaped hands, with a date window at 3 o’clock.
- The movement is a Swiss-made automatic mechanical movement.
- Water-resistant up to 100 feet (30 meters).
- The strap is made of genuine black alligator leather with a deployment buckle.
- The watch comes with a certificate of authenticity and a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Wearing a Cartier watch symbolizes luxury and refinement. This custom Santos 100 takes it to the next level with its diamond-studded design.
3- 1980s Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Automatic 35mm Tantalum and 18-karat Pink Gold:
The tantalum and 18-karat pink gold combination create a striking contrast that will catch the eye. The watch features a date display, automatic movement, and a classic Royal Oak design. Here are some of the standout features of this watch:
- The case measures 35mm in diameter
- The case material is tantalum and 18-karat pink gold.
- The watch has a self-winding automatic movement with a power reserve of 38 hours.
- The blue dial has a tapisserie pattern and features a date display at 3 o’clock, with luminous hands and hour markers.
- The timepiece comes with a brown leather strap and a tang buckle.
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters (165 feet)
4- Vintage 1977 Rolex GMT-Master Automatic 40mm Stainless Steel:
The GMT-Master from Rolex is a classic timepiece that has stood the test of time. This vintage watch from 1977 features a stainless steel case, bracelet, and classic black and red bezel.
The watch features a GMT hand and a date display, making it perfect for travelers and adventurers. Here are some of the standout features of this watch:
- Stainless steel case and bracelet for durability and a classic look
- Bi-directional rotating bezel with 24-hour display for tracking a second-time zone
- Black dial with luminous markers and hands for visibility in low-light conditions
- Automatic movement for precise timekeeping and convenience
- Date display at 3 o’clock position for added functionality
- Screw-down crown for water resistance up to 100 meters (330 feet)
5- 1970 Heuer Skipper Automatic Chronograph Steel Watch:
This preowned Heuer features a unique and striking design that will turn heads.
The watch features a blue and white dial, a stainless steel case, and a bracelet.
The chronograph function and rotating bezel make this watch perfect for timing events and races. Here are some of the standout features of this watch:
- The timepiece has a 42mm stainless steel case with a blue and white dial.
- Moreover, the dial features three sub-dials, including a 30-minute counter, a 12-hour counter, and a small seconds sub-dial.
- Also, the Skipper is powered by a self-winding automatic movement and has a power reserve of 42 hours.
- The bezel of the watch is graduated for calculating sailing times.
- Water-resistant up to 100 meters.
- The watch’s bracelet is also stainless steel and has a fold-over clasp.
Buying Designer Watches From Mr. Porter & Itshot Is A Safe Bet:
They have a proven track record of selling authentic, high-quality designer watches, including pre-owned and vintage models.
MrPorter.com, for instance, offers a carefully curated selection of watches from some of the world’s leading brands, ensuring that each timepiece they sell is of the highest quality.
Itshot.com, on the other hand, has been selling high-end jewelry and watches for over two decades and is known for its exceptional customer service and competitive pricing.
These dealers take great care in verifying the authenticity of the watches they sell and offer buyers peace of mind by providing detailed descriptions, high-quality images, and, in some cases, certificates of authenticity.
Their reputation in the industry makes them a reliable source for purchasing secondhand designer watches.
In conclusion, owning second-hand designer watches can be a wise investment for those who appreciate the craftsmanship and history behind these timepieces.
While new luxury watches come with a hefty price tag, purchasing a pre-owned watch from a reputable dealer like Mr. Porter and Itshot can offer significant cost savings without sacrificing quality or style.
Furthermore, owning a secondhand luxury watch increases the status and class of wearing a high-end timepiece.
Moreover, it is a testament to one’s appreciation for fine craftsmanship and a desire to make an intelligent investment.
So whether you are a seasoned watch collector or looking to start your collection, consider the benefits of purchasing a second-hand designer watch and the timeless class that it brings to your style.